Kaare Klint (1888-1954),
A student of architect Carl Petersen and his father, P V
Jensen-Klint. He succeeded his father in his work as an architect
on the Grundtvig Church, as well as, continued the work with the Le
Klint lamp shades. Lecturer and professor at the Royal Danish
Academy of the Arts in Copenhagen in 1924, whose Furniture
Department he founded.
Architect for a.o. the Bethlehem Church in Copenhagen (1935-37)
and for the furnishing of the Danish Museum of Art & Design in
Copenhagen (with Ivar Bentsen) (1921-26).
Among Kaare Klint's most well-known furniture is the Faaborg Chair
for Faaborg Art Museum (1914) (manufactured by Holger Rasmussen), a
chair in mahogny and leather for the Danish Museum of Art &
Design (1927), the Safari Chair (1933), the Church Chair for the
Bethlehem Church (1936).